• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

xianfeng

Smash Hero

Wolf O'Donnell is the leader of the fictional Star Wolf team and a rival (and possibly an antihero) to Fox McCloud from the Star Fox series of video games. He flies the Wolfen fighter (and the Wolfen II in Star Fox 64), which is more agile and perhaps faster than the Arwing used by the Star Fox team. Although Wolf and Fox are at odds at each other, the exact reason why is never fully explained.

Wolf is a starfox villain both of those things need representation Starfox first of all needs mroe representation as it is quickly becoming one of Nintendo's flagship series with 5 games under it's belt (including Command) and another one in talk for the wii this series is too big for just 2 characters. There were only 3 villains in SSBM and everyone loves to play as a villain Wolf is clearly the most plausable starfox villain (Andross and Aparoid Queen are unfeasable due to their shape and General Scales has no known abilites).

A lot of people have been saying Wolf would be a fox clone well some very clever people in this thread have created some movesets here are some specials (I am up to page 7 in searching)

Kaid's Set of Specials
^B: Booster pack
<B: Homing launcher
B: Machinegun (3 shot burst)
vB: Sniper rife

Ember Joe's Specials
B - TwinCannon Blaster - Drawing a gun similar to Fox and Falco's B attacks, Wolf would have a double barrel style Twin blaster, that would be fairly larger then Falco and foxs. Two consecutive shots would be made, with a pause before the next 2 shots could be made. Thus, the time between shot 2 and 3 would be around 3 times the time between shots 1 and 2. Shots 3 and 4 would have the same time difference as 1 and 2, and onward. Assuming Fox and Falco's damage remains 1% and 2% respectively, Wolfs should deal 5% per shot, with the second shot degraded to 3% on consecutive hits (only if it was the second shot in a twin fire). A similar freeze effect to Falco's would exist, with some knockback, but the time between two shots and the following two would be much greater than between falco's single shots.

SmashB - Canine Crash - A variation of the Fox Illusion, this would a greater lag prior to doing the move, but would cover a similar distance, at a similar speed, and cause much more damage. The move could be modified to grab hold of the first character hit, continueing to move, and bringing them crashing to the ground with him (this could also be used to suicide kill an enemy, further enemies hit after grabbing one would recieve damage, but not be draged down)

UP B - Wolf Pack - A variation of the fire fox/fire bird. A blue & purple gas flame like charge would form below ODonnels feet. Titling back his head, he would let out a wolf howl as 3 coloured silhouettes fade away from his body (similar looking to the trail in Fox Illusion but both purple and blue, fading between the colours). they would then thrust in unison, with the true wolf slightly ahead, with a purple gas jet flame behind him, the others would form a triple helix about him. The charging up phase would do no damage, and would be longer then Fox and Falco's, but with greater damage and area of damage as it travels.

DownB - Convertor - A shield similar to the reflector that instead absorbs damage taken from items and attacking enemies, and converts it into an outward shock blast of 2 times the total damage. The absorbing shield would be red, and the shock wave would be an outward red blast. If an enemy was hit with the shield while attacking, they would be knocked away and the damage from the attack added, if they were not attacking, they would be drawn in, and then sent outward like a projectile, when the blast occurs. Absorbed items would be destroyed.

Now there are two people that think Andross would be better than Wolf, If you run across them and you say the whole he doesn't have a body thing they may show you a picture of what Andross would look like with a body well clever old mr. Vulpine has created a pictture to counter that and to this picture they have no response, use it wisely young Wolf supporters.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Wow. Didn't think you'd actually follow through with that comment. At any rate, I could see Wolf making use of a Bowie knife or something like that. He does have that hunter persona.

Mav

Furries For The Win
The least you could have done was do something more with the first post don't you think? At least the Krystal thread has some thought put into it.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
this was a last minute thread and I don't know much about Wolf, I figured that this thread would be made sooner or later so i would make it sooner rather than later

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
It's been a while since I played Star Fox Assault,which is to date the only time you see Wolf out of the cockpit of his "darling Wolfen". From that perspective, it may be useful to incorporate some of the elements from the game's multiplayer mode, where Wolf was playable. for instance, his dodge manuever involved kind of a quicksilver side dash - ofcourse, some may see that as to similar to Fox Illusion.
Also, as xianfeng mentioned, wolf was mechanically slower than fox, but packed much more muscle.

As was the case with pre-SSB Fox, alot of imagination is going to have to go into his moveset. For starts (just random suggestions):

B + forward -- Dead Eye: Wolf pulls out a sniper rifle and a targenting cursor appears on screen. The player continues to hold B and moves the cursor across the stage. Once it come across an opponent, the player lets go of B and depending on accuracy can deliver up to 28% damage. Wolf is stationary while player holds B and is released as soon as player lets go of B, in which case it fires at cursor's current position. Maximum duration of aiming is 5 seconds.

At any rate, just brainstorming.

Crownjo

Smash Apprentice
Lord_Deathborne said:
"Annoying bird! I am the Great Leon!" -- Leon Powalski

Yes, I'd definently like to see him in, maybe as Wolf's clone. I don't know if it's very likely, though.
Ew I hope that SSBB won't have clones

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
It's the only way I see Leon getting in. I'd prefer no clones myself. Had enough of that in SF and MK, where every other characters is a Ryu/Ken clone, Scorpion/Sub-Zero clone, Cammy clone, Kitana clone, etc.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Lord_Deathborne said:
It's the only way I see Leon getting in. I'd prefer no clones myself. Had enough of that in SF and MK, where every other characters is a Ryu/Ken clone, Scorpion/Sub-Zero clone, Cammy clone, Kitana clone, etc.
I can't see Leon being a copy of Wolf, he just isn't physically strong enough to be a copy of him. Also, there's a difference between a chameleon and a wolf, much less then there is a falcon and a fox.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I definately want Wolf to be in Smash Bros Brawl. I can see him as a cross between Gannondorf and Fox. One way they could make him work while still keeping that "fast animal hunter" feel that Fox had would be to give Wolf fast attacks with lots of lag. To prevent him from being underpowered, they could give these moves some very nice attributes on hit, and it may also help to give him a powerful "grabbing" attack so that Wolf will prevent people from simply trying to sheild and counter him all the time. In a similar style to Gannondorf, Wolf should also have some very fast "get out of my face" attacks to give him space. There are a lot of possibilites here. I just hope that Wolf makes it, otherwise I guess I'd be happy with Krystal or Panther. (shrug)

Torilla

Smash Cadet
Yeah...if there's Wolf, there should be Leon to counter Falco, right? And NO clones, though I understand if two characters have similarities, but they must be somehow connected; in this case, teammates (not Falco), so...

Torilla

Smash Cadet
Pete278 said:
I can't see Leon being a copy of Wolf, he just isn't physically strong enough to be a copy of him. Also, there's a difference between a chameleon and a wolf, much less then there is a falcon and a fox.
By looking at the pics from Star Fox: Assault, I see that Leon looks skinny, but...he might not be physically weaker than Fox/Falco. Pigma, on the other hand, surely is! :chuckle:

Pete278

Smash Lord
Torilla said:
By looking at the pics from Star Fox: Assault, I see that Leon looks skinny, but...he might not be physically weaker than Fox/Falco. Pigma, on the other hand, surely is! :chuckle:
Charmeleons are naturally weaker the wolves as well.

RoyalLance

Smash Apprentice
I say Wolf MUST be in Brawl. As for Wolf's Stage, I think it should be Sargasso Space Zone from Star Fox Assualt. Not sure how it would turn out but I'm sure the developers can make it amazing.

Master Puppet

Smash Cadet
Just going to say that clones are essential to the core of SSB. Yell at me all you like, I don't care.

But anyway, Wolf probably wouldn't be a clone, being stronger and less built around speed than Fox or Falco.

Metal B

Smash Journeyman
I really thing that he will in SSBB, becaouse of the Intro from SSBM. I was always woundering why he is in the Intro, but not in the game and no Trophy about him. He also would be a better Chara than the other Teammember of the Star Fox Team and also a cool bad guy ;)

Pete278

Smash Lord
Lord_Deathborne said:
Well, if taking the SSBM intro into account, that would mean we'd get Ridley and Samurai Goroh aswell.
That was over 4 years ago, though...
Well, I'd expect to see at least Ridley and Wolf from those three.

Torilla

Smash Cadet
Lord_Deathborne said:
Wolf's like a whole foot (12 inches) taller than Fox.
He even makes Falco look small.
Omg, unexpected!

EDIT: ...Could he be older than Fox, too?

Pete278

Smash Lord
Lord_Deathborne said:
He's the same age as Falco = 1 year older than Fox

EDIT: Peppy's the same age as Pigma
Wow, Pigma doesn't look that old. Peppy's like a grandfather sort of look, Pigma just looks like a slob.

RoyalLance

Smash Apprentice
SideEffect001 said:
Wolf would be sweet. But would he have a shine as well? If so, I wonder which way you would go if hit by it...
I think his down be would be some type of explosion move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom